Office of Minority Health
To reduce health disparities among racial and ethnic minority populations in Rhode Island.
What We Do
- Provide training, contracts, data symposiums, video conferences, public forums and resource directories on:
- Minority population health status;
- Model programs and best practices for working with minority populations;
- State and Federal resources; and
- Skills-based cultural competency training for department staff.
- Create linkages between community organizations and Department of Health.
- Link community organizations to resources in the private and public sector.
- Increase awareness of racial and ethnic minority health issues.
- Provide funding and technical assistance to racial and ethnic communities.
- Monitor Department of Health activities related to disease prevention, health promotion, service delivery and research concerning racial and ethnic minority populations.
- Participate in policy development and decision-making regarding minority health
- Identify priority minority health issues, in consultation with the Minority Health Advisory Committee;
- Assist the development of department policies and plans to ensuring that the needs of racial and ethnic minorities are addressed by all Department of Health programs.
Programs Within the Office of Minority Health