Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Program
To collect health data on risk behaviors, status, access to care, and screening practices of Rhode Island adults to identify and track at-risk populations.
What We Do
- Collaborate with states and CDC to write the survey.
- Add questions of particular interest in state after annual consultation with the Rhode Island Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Advisory Committee.
- Monitor survey data collection activities. (The Rhode Island survey data collection is conducted by a third-party contractor, ICF International. Interviewers are conducted seven days a week using standard protocol.)
- Release health behavior data to more than our programs and researchers to track health risks, identify emerging problems, prevent disease, and improve treatment.
- Publish state-specific analysis about health issues including: asthma, diabetes, healthcare access, alcohol use, hypertension, obesity, cancer screening, nutrition and physical activity, tobacco use.
- Respond to data requests.