Sexuality is an important part of being human. Healthy relationships, love, and sexual intimacy are all part of staying well. Protecting yourself from sexually transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancies is also critical to your well being.
What You Should Do
- Get HIV/STD testing, birth control advice, preconception counseling, and other services through your healthcare provider, a Title X Family Planning Agency, or an HIV Testing Site.
- Protect yourself and others from sexually-transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancy by practicing safer sex. more
- Choose the birth control methods that are right for you and exercise personal choice in the number and spacing of your children. more
- Understand and accept your sexual identity and that of others.
- Learn the signs of sexual violence, know how to get help, and speak out when you see others engaging in abusive behavior. more
- You can find more information about HIV/STDs, birth control options, locate free condoms, find health services, and explore testing options by downloading the RIghtTime app.
- If you are a healthcare provider, report HIV/STD cases, provide or refer for family planning services, encourage safer sex, and offer the HPV vaccine. more