- Vital Records
Simpson Hall, 6 Harrington Rd. Cranston, RI 02920
- 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Weekdays, Appointment Required
- Recorded Message 401-222-2811
The Center for Vital Records (birth, death, marriage, and adoption certificates) is now open by appointment only at it's new location in Simpson Hall on the Pastore Campus (6 Harrington Rd., Cranston).
You can also request Vital Records at:
- City or town halls
- Certificates for births after 1960: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths in 2022: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths before 2022: city/town hall where death occurred
- Marriage certificates: city/town hall where ceremony occurred
- Online: health.ri.gov/records/about/copies
- By US mail: 6 Harrington Rd., Cranston 02920
- Drop box at Cranston or Providence office (Cranston drop box available May 2)
- By appointment (Call 401-222-2813).
To ensure the integrity, and appropriate access to, permanent records related to births, deaths, marriages, and civil unions for the 39 cities and towns in Rhode Island.