Oral health is an important component of overall health. Keeping your teeth, mouth, and gums clean and healthy can help you avoid disease and maintain good health throughout your lifetime.
What You Should Do
- Practice good oral hygiene. more
- Make sure you are drinking fluoridated water. more
- Know how to prevent and respond to injuries to the mouth and face. more
- If recommended, have sealants applied to your child's teeth at the dentist or through a school-based dental program.
- Find dental services in your community and visit the dentist regularly. more
What We Are Doing
We work with a professional advisory council, the Rhode Island Oral Health Commission, and workforce and community partners to plan, implement, and evaluate population-based oral disease prevention and health promotion programs in Rhode Island. more
Basic Screening Survey 2019-2020
In the 2019-2020 school year, we began our Basic Screening Survey to gather information on the oral health of Kindergarten and 3rd grade children throughout Rhode Island. The survey has been paused due to COVID-19. We are grateful for the effort of all who were involved and look forward to completing the work in the 2021-2022 school year.
The last Basic Screening Survey was last conducted in 2013-2014 school year. 2013-2014 report.