Oral health is an important component of overall health. Keeping your teeth, mouth, and gums clean and healthy can help you avoid disease and maintain good health throughout your lifetime.
What You Should Do
- Practice good oral hygiene. more
- Make sure you are drinking fluoridated water. more
- Eat healthy foods and reduce your frequency of exposures to sugar. more
- Know how to prevent and respond to injuries to the mouth and face. more
- If recommended, have sealants applied to your child's teeth at the dentist or through a school-based dental program.
- Find dental services in your community and visit the dentist regularly. more
What We Are Doing
We work with a professional advisory council, the Rhode Island Oral Health Coalition, and workforce and community partners to plan, implement, and evaluate population-based oral disease prevention and health promotion programs in Rhode Island. more
Oral Health Resources
Oral health information for caregivers, older adults, school nurses and teachers, parents, and dental professionals can be found by clicking the “Information for” tab on the left panel.