Food Processor

Delay in Printing of Licenses.

Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing a delay in the printing of licenses. All licensee status and expiration dates can be verified at

Licensing-Related Information

You need a Food Processing license if your business manufactures, packages, labels, or stores food to sell to distribute to other businesses.The specific license(s) you need depends on what your business makes and how it makes it. In addition to the applications listed on this page you may need Shellfish License if you handle clams or other mollusks or a Dairy License if sell milk or ice cream. Contact us if you have any questions about the license process.

Home Cooking or Baking

You need a license and must use a commercial kitchen and commercial refrigerator if you prepare for for a special event or sell products to people, other businesses or at farmers' markets.


If you are selling directly to consumers a Juice HACCP program and pastuerization is recommended for safety. If this is not done,you must label the juice with a warning about the pathogen risk. more


A variance is needed for certain food processes including:

  • Smoking, dehydrating, acidifying, or otherwise preserving food.
  • Reduced oxygen packaging - except when vaccuum packing a raw product, a food with a pH less than 4.6, a food with water activity less than .91 or a meat/poultry product cured in a commercial establishment, or using a cook-chill, sous-vide process.
  • Any activity that is not allowed by the Food Code.


All variance requests and cook-chill, sous vide processes must be supported by a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HAACP) plan.