- Purpose: To monitor cancer trends.
- Key Information: Newly diagnosed tumors by type including demographic information.
- Collection Period: Since1986. Preliminary data is available within a year of the event and final data with two years.
Rhode Island Numbers
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death in Rhode Island (more)
- Nearly four of every 10 Rhode Islanders will develop cancer sometime during their
- The incidence of prostate, lung/bronchial, and colon/rectal cancer has declined recently for Rhode Island men; Rhode Island women have experienced
recent declines breast and colon/rectal cancers. (more)
Newly Diagnosed Cases of Cancer - 2007
Data / Full Screen
Source: Rhode Island Cancer Registry