Interested in Advancing Health Equity in Rhode Island?
The Commission for Health Advocacy and Equity is seeking new members; Reach out today!
Commission for Health Advocacy & Equity
The Rhode Island Commission for Health Advocacy and Equity (CHAE) is a State commission introduced and written into legislation in 2011 (RIGL §23-64.1) with support from current and former legislators
- To advocate for the integration of activities that will help achieve health equity;
- To advise the Governor, the General Assembly, and the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) on racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic health disparities;
- To develop and coordinate the expertise and experience of the state’s health and human services, housing, transportation, education, environment, community development, and labor systems to develop a comprehensive health equity plan that addresses the social determinants of health;
- To develop health equity goals and plans in alignment with other statewide planning activities; and
- To educate State agencies on health disparities.
Official Commission Information more
Interested in Becoming A Commission Member?
The Commission for Health Advocacy and Equity is currently seeking new members. Please complete our Expression of Interest Form.
Recently Submitted Meeting Minutes