- Vital Records
Simpson Hall, 6 Harrington Rd. Cranston, RI 02920
- 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Weekdays, Appointment Required
- Recorded Message 401-222-2811
State of Rhode Island
Department of Health
The Center for Vital Records (birth, death, marriage, and adoption certificates) is now open by appointment only at it's new location in Simpson Hall on the Pastore Campus (6 Harrington Rd., Cranston).
You can also request Vital Records at:
- City or town halls
- Certificates for births after 1960: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths in 2022: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths before 2022: city/town hall where death occurred
- Marriage certificates: city/town hall where ceremony occurred
- Online: health.ri.gov/records/about/copies
- By US mail: 6 Harrington Rd., Cranston 02920
- Drop box at Cranston or Providence office (Cranston drop box available May 2)
- By appointment (Call 401-222-2813).
If you were adopted, were born in Rhode Island, and were 18 as of July 8, 2021, you can request a non-certified copy of your original, pre-adoption birth record from the State Office of Vital Records.