Oral Health Commission
To provide leadership to: formulate and promote sound oral health policy; increase awareness of oral health issues; and assist in promotion of initiatives for the prevention and control of oral diseases.
What we do
- Promote sound oral health policy, increase awareness of oral health issues, and publicize initiatives for the prevention and control of oral diseases;
- Facilitate partnerships with public, private, and community-based stakeholders, decision-makers, and the public;
- Encourage creative approaches to oral health challenges facing Rhode Island;
- Establish clear and open communication with all oral health stakeholders in order to reach mutual goals and objectives;
- Advocate for oral health strategies which are based upon sound scientific principles;
- Educate the public about oral health in order to empower individuals to make informed healthcare decisions.