- Vital Records
Simpson Hall, 6 Harrington Rd. Cranston, RI 02920
- 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Weekdays, Appointment Required
- Recorded Message 401-222-2811
The Center for Vital Records (birth, death, marriage, and adoption certificates) is now open by appointment only at it's new location in Simpson Hall on the Pastore Campus (6 Harrington Rd., Cranston).
You can also request Vital Records at:
- City or town halls
- Certificates for births after 1960: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths in 2022: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths before 2022: city/town hall where death occurred
- Marriage certificates: city/town hall where ceremony occurred
- Online: health.ri.gov/records/about/copies
- By US mail: 6 Harrington Rd., Cranston 02920
- Drop box at Cranston or Providence office (Cranston drop box available May 2)
- By appointment (Call 401-222-2813).
To register births occurring in Rhode Island and to mothers who are Rhode Island residents whenever the birth occurs.
Demographic information about mother, (age, race, municipality of resident) and birth weight.
Ongoing, data collected since 1982. Preliminary data on births occurring in Rhode Island are available within one year after the end of the calendar year, including out-of-state births to RI residents. Final data are available no sooner than 2 years after the end of the calendar year.
Data are sent in from the Rhode Island's birthing hospitals, mother's who deliver at home and any of 57 reporting jurisdictions within the country where a Rhode Island.