- Vital Records
Simpson Hall, 6 Harrington Rd. Cranston, RI 02920
- 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Weekdays, Appointment Required
- Recorded Message 401-222-2811
The Center for Vital Records (birth, death, marriage, and adoption certificates) is now open by appointment only at it's new location in Simpson Hall on the Pastore Campus (6 Harrington Rd., Cranston).
You can also request Vital Records at:
- City or town halls
- Certificates for births after 1960: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths in 2022: any city/town hall
- Certificates for deaths before 2022: city/town hall where death occurred
- Marriage certificates: city/town hall where ceremony occurred
- Online: health.ri.gov/records/about/copies
- By US mail: 6 Harrington Rd., Cranston 02920
- Drop box at Cranston or Providence office (Cranston drop box available May 2)
- By appointment (Call 401-222-2813).
To comply with state law amendments, passed in July 2011, that allow adult adoptees to receive copies of their original birth certificates starting in July 2012.
Number of original birth certificates released to adult adoptees; number of contact preference forms filed by birth parents of adopted children; birth parent contact preferences
2011 to present
Updated: February 23, 2021
Source Office of Vital Records, Rhode Island Department of Health
Office of Vital Records, Rhode Island Department of Health