Thanksgiving Wellness Tips
Your loved ones will thank you if you follow these tips to stay healthy and safe over the Thanksgiving holiday.
What You Should Do
Make sure your food is safe
Keep food safe to prevent food borne illness from ruining your Thanksgiving dinner. Be sure to:
- Wash hands and food-contact surfaces often.
- Keep raw meat and their juices away from ready-to-eat food.
- Cook foods to proper temperatures. Cook turkey or stuffing to 165°F.
- Refrigerate perishable food within two hours.
Enjoy the holiday without losing control of your diet.
- Cook using low fat products and cut down on the amount of fat and sugar in recipes.
- Eat smaller portions and pick foods that have fewer calories.
Make physical activity part of your Thanksgiving tradition.
Go for a "Turkey Trot", an organized community run (find one near you), or just incorporate some form of exercise into your holiday tradition.