Private Well Program
To protect and promote the health and safety of Rhode Islanders and our visitors, who drink water from a well.
What We Do
- License Private Well Samplers and Interpreters to assure accuracy of required testing results.
- Train and provide guidance to professionals that work with Rhode Island private wells.
- Work to ensure that required well testing is carried out as per regulation
- Educate the well-owning public as to what testing is recommended for routine maintenance of their well.
- Team with other Rhode Island well and groundwater agencies and organizations to promote integrated regulations.
- Collect, analyze, and share interpreted results of private well testing with the public.