To increase access, availability and use of arthritis evidenced based interventions in community and health care delivery systems.
2013 Accomplishments and Milestones
- Continued expansion and development of the Community Health Network for healthcare providers to refer their patients to evidence-based programs.
- Continued academic detailing visits to health care providers to market the Community Health Network
- 673 people participated in a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program in either English or Spanish. 304 people participated in an Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program or Walk with Ease program.
What We Do
- Ensure that data is used to inform decision makers, primary care physicians and other stakeholders concerning the burden of arthritis and evidence based interventions.
- Work with key community partners who offer programs through multiple delivery sites.
- Provide academic detailing to healthcare providers throughout Rhode Island about the the Community Health Network program and its benefits for patients.
- Manage the Community Health Network, a collaborative of internal and external partners who offer evidence-based disease management and self-management programs