Commission for Health Advocacy & Equity
- To advocate for the integration of all relevant activities of the state to achieve health equity;
- To provide direct advice to the director of health, and indirect advice to the department’s senior administrators and planners through the director, regarding issues of racial, ethnic, cultural, or socio-economic health disparities;
- To develop and facilitate coordination of the expertise and experience of the state’s health and human services systems, housing, transportation, education, environment, community development, and labor systems in developing a comprehensive health equity plan addressing the social determinants of health;
- To set goals for health equity and prepare a plan for Rhode Island to achieve health equity in alignment with any other statewide planning activities; and
- To educate state agencies in Rhode Island on disparities, including social factors that play a role in creating or maintaining disparities.
The Board is actively recruiting now. form
Recently Submitted Meeting Minutes