Nurse Registration and Nursing Education Board
To safeguard the people of Rhode Island from unauthorized, unqualified, and improper application of services by individuals in the practice of nursing.
The Board is actively recruiting now. (more)
What we do
- Prescribe standards for nursing education programs preparing persons for licensure;
- Provide for evaluation of nursing education programs and related clinical facilities, as it deems necessary;
- Evaluate and approve nursing education programs;
- Set standards for nursing practice within organized nursing services and the individual practice of licensees;
- Approve of licensure exams;
- Issue nursing licenses to qualified applicants;
- Verify nurse licensure status;
- Determine of the qualifications necessary for, and the granting of prescriptive privileges to certified registered nurse practitioners, psychiatric and mental health clinical nurse specialists;
- Investigate complaints and conduct hearings upon charges calling for licensee discipline;
- Conduct public hearings, investigations, and studies of nursing practice, nursing education, including continuing education;
- Disseminate information that will allow the nursing profession to provide safe, effective nursing services to the public.
Recently Submitted Meeting Minutes