KIDSNET HL7 Immunization Interface Funding
To establish or improve HL7 immunization interfaces between KIDSNET and electronic health record systems.
- Note: Applications must be received and approved and a purchase order issued before work begins. No reimbursement can be made for activities and expenses incurred prior to a purchase order being issued.
- Rhode Island healthcare providers utilizing vaccine for individuals less than 19 years old are eligible to apply.
- Proposed work must establish or improve an HL7 immunization interface with KIDSNET as described in Rhode Island’s HL7 Implementation Guide for Immunization Transactions. more
- Electronic submission of manufacturer and lot number for non-historical immunizations are required for funding.
- The deadline for new applications is June 16, 2014. Applicants will be notified if the application has been approved.
- Work must be completed prior to September 30, 2014.
- No costs will be reimbursed beyond September 29, 2014. If successful production implementation of HL7 immunization data submission is not completed by that date, no costs will be reimbursed. KIDSNET will supply an approval notice to be submitted with the invoice.
- A single invoice must be submitted within 30 days of project completion.
- Maximum grant amount is $4999.
- Funding is limited. Awards will be made on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reimbursable costs may only be incurred after a Purchase Order has been created by the State Division of Purchasing and forwarded to the grantee.
- Awards are cost reimbursement and made only when interface or enhancement is approved and implemented in production.
- Upon completion of work and establishment of a successful new or upgraded HL7 interface, an invoice should be submitted to Ellen Amore, KIDSNET, Rhode Island Department of Health, 3 Capitol Hill, Providence RI 02908 with an approval notice from KIDSNET. Documentation of all expenses as related to work plan must be provided with the invoice.